Old 12-17-17, 09:52 AM
timgriffin2

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Sirrus 3.0

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooty Puff Jr
Great day in Florida, went for a “Beer & Taco” ride on the Ogre, I stopped at Taco Bus at Sunset Beach for some great pork tacos and a beer. Put a touch under 60 miles on the old/new girl today.
Strange that our paths crossed yesterday from looking at the cyclemeter map - unfortunately I was at a funeral at 49th St. and 38th Ave and then to the after service gathering back behind Biff Burger in the neighborhood you rode through. I lived on Sunset Beach back when you could rent a place for $200/mo. My wife and I stay sometimes at the Sunset Beach Cottages right behind that 7-11 in your pic for a mental health break weekend.

My son will be down from upstate NY this week for a 2 week visit and requested that we take a bike ride along the beaches. I haven't been along Gulf Blvd for a while - how is the construction that they had going on? I'm still very leery of riding in traffic though. Looking at your cyclemeter it looks like you have an idea that I hadn't really thought of - riding on small side roads a lot and not on the main drags through town.

It scares the crap out of me because I never drive anyplace these days without seeing people totally distracted texting and driving!