Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
That's a shame. It's so hard these days to keep things secret with as much tracking as goes on. If you share a computer you have to browse in incognito or something to prevent targeted ads ruining it. If you share an amazon account you have to be super careful with the e-mails and notifications and recommendations.

My wife and I have prime, so this year we finally did the household thing and split it out so I have my "own" account, that still has the prime from the main account, but I get my own e-mails and recommendations and stuff.

Even with that, I know I'm getting something from the NFL shop, and I know I'm getting some socks. The first one I picked up her phone and the notification bar had an e-mail up. The second, my not quite 2 year old tattled on her because she took her shopping and said they were getting socks for daddy. So as soon as I got home "daddy socks, daddy socks, shopping".
Fun story.. I found out that Santa wasn't real when I found the letter my parents had put together as a MS publisher file on their computer. Why I was snooping around in their files, I don't remember..?