Old 12-18-17, 09:05 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by anaclaudia
Okay, so yesterday I went cycling with my friend, and in the day before i had a couple drinks, but not much (idk if it is relevant). Anyways, I was kind of tired, but not exausted, I felt fine, just a little tired, but then my friend pulled over because his bike had a problem, and only when we stopped I started feeling really heavy, I couldnt hear almost anything and my vision got really dark, then I said "hey dude, can you get me water? im not really feeling fine", he went to buy me a bottle and I sat on the floor. As I sat it only got worse, and I think it is important to say that I live in Brazil, and its really hot in here, so I went for a shade and at that point I was SURE I was going to pass out. Then some guards showed up, and a dude offered me water. When my friend got there I was surrounded by people and I already felt realy better, then we walked our bikes to a restaurant where I ate and waited a little until we got back.
Anyways, i dont know what happened, if it was because of the sun and the heat, if it was because I was dehydrated or if it was some kind of hypoglicemia crisis (im not diabetic by the way), so I was hoping to find someone who went through something similar or knew what it was to explain it to me.
Sorry for the long topic and for any grammar mistakes, im not a native speaker.
I did the exact same thing here in Yucatan last summer. I'm almost certain it was dehydration. In my case though, I lost more than an hour that I can't remember, and sustained a concussion during that lost time. I'm told I dismounted under control, and then had trouble moving around. The concussion resulted from a fall. It was an especially hot and humid evening.