Old 12-19-17, 01:13 PM
JohnnyB65

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I rode about 5 miles this morning and I suspect that I may be riding in the wrong gear. I'm still learning how to shift this 21 speed and I wish I still Had my old 10 speed. I know I have the wrong bike for me, but I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't work for me because then I'll have 2 bike to get rid of. I still have a long way to go.

Plus I didn’t realize it but the road is a little inclined and the bike maybe rolling faster then I’m pedaling. I also noticed that my left leg gets tired before my right and I only think I’m pedaling the same with each foot. I also have my seat all the way down so I can get on and off without falling and I will probably have to raise it after I master throwing my leg over the seat.

I paid more attention to how my tires make turns this time around and I believe its just the way these 10 yr old downhill treads ride on pavement. My last bike over 40 years ago had narrow smooth tread and the only time I had a problem was making a turn on sand covered pavement. I’m just going to have to get used to it for now. I was also watching how my wheels rotate as I’m riding straight and they do not bounce or wobble from side to side so I believe they are adjusted properly

What can I say it’s been a long time since I’ve ridden a bike and never rode anything like this one. I’m a little embarrassed to even have posted this, but I did learn a whole lot. Thanks!