Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Radish_legs
Was talking to an acquaintance a while back. Master's racer. He had had a really bad cold he was recovering from. He mentioned he wanted to take sudafed before the race to try and help with the drainage, but he was afraid he might get tested and popped, so he didn't take the medication.

That scared me a little. I don't ever take sudafed. But the idea of being a cat 4 racer who doesn't really care about "making it" in racing, that I could be publicly sanctioned for doping for taking sudafed, unwittingly not realizing I was "doping." That scared me.

Sudafed on the GlobalDRO---
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Cost, benefit for me. I take sudafed for bad sinus infections to even feel normal. I don't take it in-competition because if i get bad enough to need it, probably shouldn't be racing anyways.

It's not things like these that worry me. It's substances in my vitamins, and other supplements that I don't even know are there. When I get a prescription I know with great certainty what I'm taking in whether it be an asthma inhaler or an anti-histamine. When I get protein powder from Costco, who the hell knows whats in there.

Also, my one shot at ever getting tested has come and gone. Don't forsee myself competing at a national level event again until I'm much older, so none of this really worries me at all.