Old 12-21-17, 01:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4505 Post(s)
Liked 4,190 Times in 2,804 Posts
Originally Posted by Juggy_Gales
I like the look of them too and they really do seem decent quality..
there are cheaper ones same size but half the price with rain covers.. I could go that route if I want to save $
$79 and don't look bad..

The Ibera Rack I love.. I have it on my Giant Toughroad SLR2
It really feels solid like it can support a good amount of weight.

I agree that the Ortlieb's are better and I like them in Red/Black.. it fits the color scheme of my bike well.
I like the Back roller Classics..
The Ortliebs are also a lil bigger too.. they hold 20L as opposed to Ibera's 15L panniers.

I may buy the cheaper Ibera Panniers for now.. for $80 they come with a rain cover..
I am going to use them initially for running to the store.. instead of driving..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Spend the money and get good quality stuff and it will pay off in the end. Buying extra panniers overtime doesn't make the most sense. If those panniers had a better mounting system they wouldn't be as bad but it just doesn't look like a decent enough mounting system. I worry about reviews as I see a lot of them which are: shipped quickly, item as described, or something like that or people don't use them much or are paid reviewers.