View Single Post
Old 12-22-17, 07:49 AM
RichardLee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gibsonsean
I guess Peter sees himself as the arbiter of what goes on his forum. Fair enough. There are others and it is just a bike.
Well, the Helix is his baby after all so yeah, he's being Big Bro about everything. You may recall the "My Way" music video meme I posted a few months ago jestingly portraying, what many were already gossiping about Peter's autocratic, micromanaging behavior and more recently the application of r/K theory in analogy to his uncompromising long term engineering quality. Whether or not one is getting carried away with Orwellian metaphors, is it a fair portrayal of Peter on some level?

Originally Posted by spambait11
Let it be, RichardLee. You’re out now. Don’t let it bother you.
Getting "fired" though is ironic in that non-disclosure constraints are now inapplicable therefore I am free to spill ALL the beans if so desired. Staring with you can get a full refund via Kickstarter. Not that this isn't already known among KS afidionados, but many backers, believing it was the only route, sold their pledge often at a discount because for whatever reason, like they lost faith in the project, needed the money, got another bike instead, etc., they wanted to back out. Of course, I could have been an unusual case. As for the loss of faith, we'll see in the update this weekend.

Originally Posted by Jonesandrew
Richard,
Thanks for the dropbox link. That's a neat idea, but after your little contretemps with PB I doubt that it will ever make it to the frame, even if he secretly likes it. I'll take a guess that we'll get a laser cut headbadge made in house.
Glad you like it. Yeah, I think that is what BB, err I mean PB will do. In fact, a CNC'd or laser engraved front plate is consistent with the "stealth mode" insignia that Markus preferred in the thread. Even I admit that "barber pole" design at the front is over the top. However, I like a bit of colorful highlighting. So if and when I get a Helix (years later through retail distribution channels once established), I'll make and put on the decals except the "barber pole".

Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
Peter should have started a REALITY TV SHOW and could have made a fortune doing that! Seriously, who would believe you can make a popular show based on Duck hunting? This bicycle startup has waaay more drama for sure!
You should have seen some of the shenanigans in the backers' forum. Broadcasting them would have drawn in a lot of gawkers for sure.