View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 08:13 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3191 Post(s)
Liked 1,726 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by deepakvrao
Yes, thanks. I realised that. Where I live, that is called a visor.
It’s also called a visor in American English. We fail to distinguish between a proper visor and what should probably be called a brim, bill, or shade, causing unnecessary confusion.

Anyway, I’ve had an Air Attack for a few years, and yeah, it’s warmer than some. However, if you’re moving at a good clip, it is surprisingly comfortable with airflow across the top of the head...at least for me, as someone who keeps his hair very closely cropped.

The biggest pain with Air Attack is that the visor is not able to pivot up and out of the way, which would be great for some situations, e.g. climbing. Trying to remove and flip the mounting position while riding is tricky, so really one has to stop to do it.

I love the retractable visor on my DuxHelm, but the lack of internal channeling actually makes that helmet warmer than the AA, despite the traditional slotting or venting.