Old 12-26-17, 10:35 AM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by TallTourist
Personally, I'm not a fan of any of Axiom's stuff. I like the look of their attachment system and I'd like to use it on bags I get made but haven't been able to find contact details online for the company. How do you like the attachment system BTW? Better than Ortliebs? My Ortliebs are driving me nuts. The little plastic inserts in the top hooks kept popping out in the dark. Amazing I haven't lost one yet.

I'm thinking of a completely non-waterproof design out of something like Cordura with a pocket on the outer face and one on the rear of the bag about the right size to hold a 1l bottle and with no designs, just plain black with no reflectors. I prefer to not have reflectors on my stuff. I can always buy a bright or reflective item and hang it over my stuff if I feel like it'll help but would prefer to remain obscure when stealth camping in not-so stealthy locations.
Just because panniers are non-waterproof does not mean they are breathable. Most commercially made Cordura panniers have a Urethane "water resistant" coating. If things go in Cordura panniers damp they will come out damp. They don't breathe.