Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by aplcr0331
See my post where I mention "physiological health".

I'm not sure about you but as a fat guy I'll use any manner of excuse to keep eating ****ty (and thus not lose weight or even gain weight). If you're able to lose and maintain with 80/20 awesome. But for a lot of fat people, we make too many excuses. I'm sore, I don't feel like it, I'll clean my plate and everyone else at the tables plate. Pizza taste great (instead of opting for a healthier option) whatever.

I'm a big fan of owning your ****. Saying 80/20 for me gives me an out and an excuse. When I say 97/3 I'm saying that 97% of the time it's all what you put in your mouth (97% is realistic, allows for a cheat meal here and there or cheat weeks during the holidays) but it puts everything in your control. You control what goes into your mouth, at all times. I've never been force fed in my life. Nobody makes me take an extra cookie, nobody forces me to eat too many wings at the Super Bowl party, etc. My way says that if you take control, then you have control.

Saying it's all under your control (97%) is a freeing idea. It's also a difficult idea. Using my rule leaves no room for excuses. I have a thyroid condition, I'm depressed, I'm happy I'm going to overeat. If you take responsibility for it then it can open up a grand view of things. If you constantly blame anything other than your human condition that whenever your elbow bends your mouth opens, you make excuses.

I'm down to 210 from 300. I'm going to 185. Even then I'll still be considered overweight. I got to 300lbs by my own actions. I'm getting down to 185 by my own actions.

97% leaves me no wiggle room. It's all on me. I can get to 185 without ever having to pedal another stroke. And so can everyone else. That's my point with the ratio.

I like your idea as well. Again, good luck to you on your journey.
Good post. Everyone is different in regards to needs and requirements for weight loss. 90 pounds of weight loss is a huge success - congratulations!