Thread: Workswell 093
View Single Post
Old 12-29-17, 02:59 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
I can't say much about the hubs so far .... I don't have enough mile son them. I am impressed with the whole wheel set so far. They spin very well, the rear hub seemed loud during the bike build but got much quieter during the first ride, and when I deliberately whacked some paved ruts I normally avoid (having slammed them in thee dark before and not finding it enjoyable) the wheels seemed sturdier than the Vueltas on my other bike.

I am sure someone on the site must have some miles on a set---they seem to be a readily available midrange hub---not too heavy, not too pricey. If I get more time to ride I'll update ... miles have been hard to find latley.

Someone told me Kinlin rims were flexy, too ... and I am a megaclyde riding a 24/28 spoke lightweight wheelset and I don't feel it. I have deliberately hit some other, more minor bumps just to get a feel for the wheels (break 'em close to home, I say) and with 28s pump[ed up to over 110 psi they seems completely solid and strong and still suck up the bad bumps.

I'll tell you, nothing sucks like having too many good bikes.