Thread: Workswell 093
View Single Post
Old 12-29-17, 03:09 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,481 Times in 1,838 Posts
Originally Posted by superdex
pics of tire clearance? How'd the headset and bb go in? I have this nagging idea of building up a carbon frame, but don't want to elephant my way into a $500 mistake...
pcis later, remind me if I forget ... I love taking pictures but I want to use every free moment to ride.

Headset and BB went in prefectly. headset was supplied by the vendor, and I used a Wheels thread-in BB86 with angular bearings. I have a press-in BB-Right in my other CF bike and it was a Bear to get in (even with a pro-quality press) and now, two years later, is making a little noise. I ma going to yank it out and thread in a Wheels unit there too.

I also replaced the BB86-Evo or whatever in my Fuji with a Wheels unit. Press-doesnt-fit BBs are not to my taste. Nothing on a bike should creak but the bones of the aging rider.

As far as all that goes, i can also recommend Workswell as a frame supplier. This is my second and I have zero complaints---except they wouldn't do the five-color camo pattern I wanted. But they did two-tone on my other bike and it is first-rate ... cost less than $100 as I recall, and they bargained with me for a cut price CF seat too.

All the plugs for the cables fit, the cable guide fit, I didn't need a headset press (I used a home-made press on the 066) The seat clamp actually holds the seat post .... and stripped for paint the ultra-light 093 in 56 cm weighed 800 grams. i paid extra for the ultralight, but I priced it against the similar frames from Dengfu/Hongfu and it was the same ... and I had dealt with WW before.

I wish i could by and build another one---I have all the parts----but i don't have time to ride what I have ...... It's tough, all these First-World problems....