Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4795 Post(s)
Liked 1,547 Times in 1,014 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I've been riding the 28c G+ since last spring on my Mooney,set up fix gear to ride the (canceled) Cycle Oregon. Mounted them on an Open Pro front and Velocity Aero rear. No issues mounting them and wow! what a nice tire! Best ride since properly stored 2 year old Clement Seta tubulars 40 years ago. I've had occasional flats but nothing unexpected for true race tires. No other issues at all. I love the rolling resistance, grip and feel of the tires. (And get a kick from seeing the rediscovery of ribbed tread tires. I rode a lot of very good cotton ribbed thread sewups. I loved that tread. It disappeared for 30 years. It's as good as I remembered.

Edit: I am wondering if Vittoria has had some manufacturing issues with these tires and has bee on o a learning curve. The OP bought his tires 3-4 months before I did and our experiences were very different. Being expensive tires, some of the later purchases of posters on this thread may well have been tires sitting around the shop for 9 months and therefore early tires from Vittoria.

Ben
To confirm further.. the Corsa G+ comes in 3 varieties, which one do you have? It comes evidently in "Control", "Speed", and then one that doesn't seem to have an additional moniker. The "true race" tire I think they market is the "Speed" variant. I can't tell what the "Control" (aka Isotech?) version is about vs. the basic version (which may be aka Graphene?).

(