Old 12-31-17, 10:40 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,125 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
I have a very simple plan that has worked for me and friends who tried it. I don't diet, and instead eat only foods i really enjoy and which a high "satisfaction index" (SI). SI is concept I came up with many years ago and is based on the amount of any food needed to feel satisfied.

For, example, if you sit down and eat various cheeses, you'll probably find that you can eat tons of most mild cheeses, but won't ear the same amount of sharper aged cheeses. So, no more American and Swiss, but as much as i want of any sharper cheeses.

That concept is applied across the board, so I eat only more flavorful foods that I really enjoy and tend to eat less of.

The other trick is not to deprive myself if indulgences. For example, I like onions rings and beer and will have them from time to time. But I time it so it ends up being in lieu of a regular meal, rather than added food.

BTW The same SI rules apply to beer, no light beers that are guzzled glass after glass, only high SI beers like Stout, which take time to enjoy.

This sounds pretty solid