jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by craigery
Actually, you're wrong about this. The owner of the LBS said that they just take a digital pic of the bike and where it broke and it is email to the company. Then they say yay or na to a warranty deal.

I just got off the phone with with LBS and Trek is giving me a new 2200 OLVC frame with a carbon fork! This is definitely a step up from my early 90's 2000. I'm very excited!
WOW, you are really getting a new frame that you deserve in no way, shape or form? And you are going to accept it? You bought a used bike that had been altered, broke it, and expect the manufacturer to replace it? This is one of the reasons that manufacturers have to charge so much for their products. What you have done is fraudulent unless you gave Trek all the details, second owner or more, altered seat post mounted too high in frame, etc. I hope you are pleased with your new frame.