Old 01-06-18, 10:32 AM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
I'll throw this out there for the pursuit set up: you can get a bit more positionally aggressive for track pursuit in most cases vs. what would be a TT set up. It's worth playing with given the physics of drag at the higher speeds.
Agreed. The last time I did Track Nats in the 500TT I averaged 862 watts and didn't get a podium spot. I made the mistake of having a bike fit about a month prior to Nats and didn't make the adaption to the new position. I made the power goal but must have been an air bucket on the TT that we did two straights into the 15 mph wind. Hopefully I'll have someone available to take splits while doing practace laps at the new velodrome in Detroit during Feb-April. That is the plan and why I'm working on getting a track fit on the bike with drop down areo bar. I'll compare different speeds with the TT positions and regular sprint track bike. The first 10-12" are OTS so the primary goal is the last 25" speed minus any loss of speed on the start due to TT fit. Too many things to think about