Old 01-09-18, 08:43 AM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 606 Times in 403 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
I'm OK...appreciate the concern. Going through some relationship status changes/living situation changes that are finally pushing me to do what I should have done a while ago. I'm no happier owning 40 bikes than I was owning 4...

There's a level of diminishing returns to this...it's like an addiction. Early on you hit a high, like the Bauer Merckx...and you start chasing rarer stuff. But after a while, like BB said, the thrill is gone. You're excited for a day or two...you have too many bikes to enjoy them...and then it's just STUFF. The bikes I feel a connection with are the ones I ride most often...and those are the ones I'm keeping.

I'd like tobe down to 4 and the tandems. 10 and the tandems is the more immediate goal.

I want this...honestly. I could put them in storage with no problem. I don't want this much STUFF anymore...it owns me, not the other way around. I used to collect vinyl years ago...had thousands of records...I hit my point and was just DONE. Got rid of almost all of it. It didn't mean I stopped listening to music. I've hit my point. It's not desperate, my hand isn't forced...I want this and am making some different decisions.

If I ever "collect" something again, it's going to be smaller! Maybe watches.

Thanks to everyone on the thread.

This is a great community...I'm not leaving it. Just down sizing. I love bikes and biking...and that's actually part of why I'm doing this.
We get to a certain point in our Lives were we realize "material things" are really not that important. Sometime Life just takes over. And individual Happiness is the most important thing. Best of Luck.