khyricat

Bikes: hopefully a Sun Traditional Trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldTryGuy
Thank you

"Cool! was the operative word yesterday that allowed me to complete the marathon. Had the weather not been that cold for a Florida winter morning, I likely would have overheated and not done as well.

I called my knee/shoulder orthopedic surgeon today and made an appointment for this Wednesday to see him about setting a date for my right leg tibial osteotomy/knee replacement surgery. Interestingly enough...December 10, 2015 was my final prostate cancer surgery, October 10, 2016 was my right shoulder replacement and now January 10 is the day to see when I can have another surgery. Also happens to be 6 months to the date since my 67th birthday.

I have the Hamster Wheel 200 mile/12 hour bike ride this coming Sunday morning and will check with the doctor if he feels I should "go the distance."
Take care of yourself. I walk halves not fulls most of the time, but my rate is more like 16 minute miles trained, and 18 untrained...

and you are older than me.. take care of yourself.. back to work tomorrow and another few miles.. (I walk 3 to 5 miles on a given workday at work)