Old 01-11-18, 04:05 AM
oldlugs

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Another pile I didn't get pics of yet is a pickup load of misc fenders, there has to be 100 pair, plus a few dozen vintage new old stock fender sets. There's at least 50 decent wheelsets, although most are steel. There's two 6ft tall drawer steel cabinets, (think library card file size drawers), full of misc new parts, ND hubs, kits, pedal parts, headsets, bb's, bearings, etc. He told me to just wheel the cabinets out whole, along with the tools and benches if I want. He want's his wife to be able to park in the garage when I'm done.
I'm trying to get the carport shed too, if that goes with the deal, then I'll have some immediate storage here right away. I think I can brace up the single car carport with wood and carry it slowly in one piece, its only a few miles or so down back roads. I'll do it in the wee hours of the morning so there's no traffic and park it in my yard once the sun comes up. Its 10' tall in the center, my trailer deck is 28" off the ground, it may just work if I rig it up right. If nothing else, I'll have a shady place to park my car in the driveway when I'm done.
Here's a few more pics:

1- New old stock Normandy Hubs
2- Ross dealer sign
3- 70's Schwinn Typhoon This is probably the best looking of the whole bikes, I grabbed it because it was by the door and it looked like someone was riding it at some point and parking it there. It also helped to hold down several bundles of tires I tossed in the truck that were hanging on the walls there.
4- 30+ year old Cycle Pro tires on Rigida steel rims
5- Park Stand head, (This is all I found so far. Plus a vintage Bendix hub
6&7- Araya 27" wheel single - odd rim with no mate, I'm sure there will be plenty more single wheels with no match.
8- Araya wheelset with Japanese 'Chair' brand steel hubs? Never heard of this brand hub before, its no doubt low end but what bikes used them? Maybe an old Ross? There seems to be quite a few Ross bikes in the lot, but they were popular around here back in the day. Ross, Columbia, Rollfast, and Peugeot were the most common brands around back in the 70's, with a few Schwinn, Raleigh, Motobecane, and Panasonic bikes here and there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
normandy brite.JPG (66.7 KB, 370 views)
P1000841.JPG (64.9 KB, 373 views)
P1020796.JPG (79.8 KB, 366 views)
0110182250-02.jpg (280.2 KB, 371 views)
Park clamp.JPG (81.5 KB, 368 views)