View Single Post
Old 01-11-18, 08:45 AM
breadbin

Bikes: Raleigh 531c, Marin Muirwoods, Brodie Romax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Pardon this rant about stress and how I think it is linked to my eating/exercise habits.

There has to be a reason we eat too much and don't exercise enough. For me it's not as simple as telling myself to go out for the spin.

The way I see myself now is, and sorry for being dramatic but, like a man thrashing against a strong current in a river. I'm swamped by the river and if I let down my guard I'll be swept away. So here I am throwing my arms about not getting anywhere but not being swept away.

So my options are to learn to swim or be swept away with the current. Now the problem I have is that there is a time and a place to learn to swim and thrashing against a strong current is neither.

I liken the job I have to the river. It's getting worse everyday. There are so many people struggling with it. Some people manage it well and others don't.

We need tools to deal with the everyday stressors and I guess I don't have them. I've never needed them before. I eat when I come home from work. On my days off I'm exhausted and I don't exercise as much as I should. I've been off for a week now and I find I'm exercising well now but when I jump back into the river it's a struggle again. So I've decided to get out of the river and maybe take the road instead.