View Single Post
Old 01-11-18, 10:45 AM
Cyclist0084

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 90 Posts
What made you so big?
While in high school, I participated in sports, so all that activity helped to keep me slim. After graduation, I worked at a restaurant where free food for the employees was abundant. Without the physical activity of sports, all that free food added many pounds to my once slim body. When I enlisted in the Air Force, I had almost four months before actually heading off to basic training, and I used that time to work like hell to lose the extra weight and I was able to keep it off for the four years I was in the AF.

After getting out, it was back to my lazy, mostly sedentary ways. I was cycling some, but it was nowhere near enough to offset the calories I was consuming on a daily basis. I was working the night shift in a hotel then, and eating was a simple cure for many long, boring nights. For many, many years, my weight varied anywhere from 240 pounds to 280 pounds.

Finally, in the fall of2013, I decided that I had had enough and I really determined to lose weight. At that time, I weighed in at 255 pounds. It took a lot of exercise and eating healthier foods, but by the spring of 2016, I was down to 200 pounds, which is pretty much where I've stayed up until now. Now I've begun a new push to try to get down to 185 pounds.