View Single Post
Old 01-11-18, 09:58 PM
rbk_3

Bikes: Trek Emonda S6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread. This past summer I got back into cycling and went from 0-100 doing over 2000k in July/August. Mid way through August, I began developing a pain deep inside my perennial region. I would take a few days off and it would start to feel better, but I would get back on the bike and it would be come right back after the ride. I kept pushing through, which was a mistake. Now 5 months since I last rode, I am still dealing with this dull aching pain, sometimes it will feel as though it is getting better than the next day I am back at square one. I went to my general practitioner, but there were of little assistance. He sent me for an ultrasound for a hernia, but that wasn’t it.

I am not sure what caused it. I ride a Specialized Power saddle that I had professionally fit, including having it pressure mapped to be sure no pressure was being put on the perineum area. While riding I felt no pain, only after the fact. Initially when I started cycling a few years ago, I experianced a pain in my perineum because of a poorly fitting saddle. It would be tender on the outside and very sore to the touch. This is different. Putting pressure on the area does not cause any additional pain. I don’t have any other issues besides the dull aching pain. Does this sound like prostitis?