View Single Post
Old 01-13-18, 02:33 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1745 Post(s)
Liked 1,374 Times in 720 Posts
86 Touring Series V Back From Tour

Just received my 86 Fuji Touring Series V that came back from a tour. I gave it to a fella a few years ago so he could commute and tour on it. Where he went I am not sure, but it came back with a few more scratches and chips, and a bad rear brake and der. cable. That is it! Fortunately I had enough foresight to substitute a down and dirty Sugino AT crank for the pristine one that was on it. The great thing is that the wheels are original and not a single broken spoke or any major truing needed. Only the top pulley on the rear der. is chewed up and needs replacement. Not sure how that will ever happen as those pulley wheels are unobtanium.
It was a great bike then, and is a great bike now, still pulling loaded touring duty and commuting. Well, she's back and will be tuned up yet this winter and ready for someone else to ride. Just may sell it, but it has been mine from the start and it is tough to part with.
What is so sweet about seeing the bike again is that the kid kept his word and returned it when he was ready to move on. There really are good, honest people out there that keep their word!