Old 01-14-18, 01:51 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Liked 1,707 Times in 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by metalheart44
Based on this paper I am willing to give the Kno3 a try, probably just buying premade capsules to start. Whether it is beet root juice or some other source of inorganic nitrate, there seems to be evidence that it has benefits, including BP reduction. The capsules are less costly than the no2 supplement I am trying now and beet root juice. I will ask my cardiologist about this when I see him in the near future.
If you're concerned about cost and efficacy, considering that most NO uptake takes place in the mouth (via the entero-salivary pathway, as noted in the paper you linked above), you may want to take a serious look at the Beet'Ums chews I posted back in post #3. Chewing really maximizes that conversion time in-mouth compared to liquids, so it's possible you get more "bang for your buck" from the concentrated BeetUms, although I don't know.

At $34 for 30pc bag, it sounds like they cost very close to the same as the KNO3 capsules you're looking at, and the chews offer some additional benefits from a satisfaction, ease-of-use, and additional compounds perspective.

https://purecleanperformance.squarespace.com