Old 01-16-18, 04:48 PM
rideorglide

Bikes: Leader 780-R; Rockhopper FSR;Trek 660; Kona Blast Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by providencebikes
Does anyone think using pedialyte to rehydrate is good bad or doesnt matter ...????
This is really to partially address the OP's question.

What I do know on the subject is that is is popular among some troops who train vigorously in some potentially highly dehydrating conditions. That it sells as well as it does in PX/BX stores surprised me as they generally have any number of isotonics and other hydration options at hand from water to Gatorade, and most of the other ones we would be familiar with in civilian U.S. stores. I'm fairly certain the high sales are not just because of any massive jump in birthrate in that population.

I would imagine they like to have it on hand to stave off the effects of possible dehydration (whether back in barracks or in their bags), which I think is the main purpose of the product.

Some interesting info here:
https://www.hhicera.com/military/newsletter_vol8_3.pdf

P.S. I don't work for Cera or Pedialyte, but am somewhat familiar with consumables in the military environment.

As for me personally, I used Skratchlabs powder with water in one bottle and plain water in the other. I used to use NUUN, but I didn't see sodium among the ingredients, whereas with Skratchlabs, I did. I sweat out salt like a beast (is that a clyde thing? i don't know), so I figured what goes out I might consider putting back in.

Last edited by rideorglide; 01-16-18 at 04:52 PM.