Old 01-18-18, 03:38 AM
zeeman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mymorningjacket
I work at a bicycle warehouse and Ive been interesting in building a bicycle from scratch. It sounds like a fun project to do, to teach me more about bicycles.

At my work I found an older Norco Indie frame in the metal waste that had nothing wrong with it besides a small crack in the dropout. I dont know how substantial the crack is yet. I was told its miniscule. So im thinking of using this as my frame.

-How easy is this sort of project for a beginner/adept bicyclist?
-What sort of parts will need to buy?
-What should I keep in mind when buying parts as to not buy the wrong ones.
-What things should I be careful not to do?
-What will be the most difficult part?

I am a bit worried about are buying/installing the bottom bracket and the headset.

Any good articles or websites that you find helpful would be greatly appeciated to.
Thanks
I think it is great that you want to build your own bike, I am doing the same. There isn't much better than the feeling you get when you know you built something from scratch. Thankfully these days we have platforms like YouTube where there is a great information on how to build and how not to build just about anything. I would say, most of the time it is your preference when the trouble comes in, especially if you're indecisive like me hehe