Old 01-19-18, 01:31 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
Ssince no one else has mentioned it, If you flood the interior with high purity Rubbing alcohol the Alcohol is hydroscopic and should absorb any remaining water. Then drain the alcohol and flood with wd40 , drain and flood with something like 3 in 1 20 wt motor oil which you may have to order. It is a light weight non detergent oil specifically to lubricate electric motors and is a good weight to lube the internals. I also use it to lube sturmey archer 3 speed hubs.

I have tons of old freewheels and they almost never fail. When I get an old crusty one I use wd40 and a stiff brush to cleen off the exterior then dribble some 3 in 1 20 wt into the interior through the front and rear and spin. Works almost every time.

As to color the Perfect fw is generaly silver colored and the Pro Comp Gold - but not always.