blandin
if x=byh then x+1=byn

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TCR
You get what you pay for!! I just spent an hour installing tires and tubes on these suckers. Never, I repeat never, have I experienced such a tough time putting tires on a rim. These weren't even new tires! They were worn and stretched out tires that I can put on my Tempest rims with one hand. I had to use three tire levers (broke one) and the strength of King Kong. Now, I don't know whether this means they're good or bad but I don't really care. There's no way I'm changing a flat out on the road with these rims. No way! After seeing how cheap the skewers are made I can only guess the rest of the wheel is of the same quality, hence the rim that's just slightly too big. I'll use them for the trainer or sell them to a guy in the club I don't like but I'm certainly not using them out on the road.
I've found that the tire you use has a lot to do with they mount. After I read your post I worriedly broke my Korsos of the box to try my hand at mounting. I chose a set of Panaracer Stradius Pros with a small red sidewall. In any case, I was able to mount the tires with hands only until the last few inches on the final lip where two easy flips of the tire lever brought them firmly under the rim. I actually find the Panaracer's a little harder to mount than the Vittoria Rubino Pro's which are my other tire of choice. So for me, my hardest tires to mount were no problem.

55/Rad mentioned earlier today he actually likes the stickers on the Korsos so I took a closer look and decided I liked everything except the SuperGo "S". Before mounting the tires I removed all the little red "S" marks from the stickers and left the rest. I think it looks pretty good especially with the red sidewall. These wheels are going on my new Specialized Allez Pro build that I posted a few days ago.

'03 Specialized Allez Pro - DA 10 speed .'04 Scattante CFR Limited - DA 9 speed
'05 KHS Flite 2000 - Ultegra 9 speed -... '06 Flyte SRS-3 - DA 9 speed-------
'05 Serotta Fierte - Utegra 10 speed--..-'07 Pedal Force RS - SRAM Force