Old 01-27-18, 08:52 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7723 Post(s)
Liked 3,655 Times in 1,925 Posts
Originally Posted by SHBR
The machine that was used to kill her is far more dangerous than a loaded gun in the wrong hands.
Ask Wouter Weylandt--- a bicycle is also a lethal machine, more dangerous than a gun ... lethal, in fact.

People choke on food .... in the wrong hands, food is more dangerous than a gun.

Saying a truck can kill people after someone dies from hitting a truck .... what, did you think that no one had realized the person who died was killed and was dead?

Also ... if a woman with a double stroller had pushed her stroller into traffic against a light or in the middle of the block and got hit and killed .... it would have been her fault, not the driver who couldn't avoid hitting her.

People who come to a rational discussion with nothing but outpourings of emotion really don't help.

The notion that no one cares about a person on a bicycle and would care more if the exact same person were walking .... that is absurd. it also ignores what actually happened here.

Not only did and do a Lot of people care very much ... Several government agencies thoroughly investigated the accident. You just don't agree with their findings ... maybe because you are blinded by your own paranoia.

One part of my job has me scanning through a lot of crime and justice system reports some days. I see a lot of situations where someone is so sure a person killed another person .... and sometimes when there is DNA, video, eyewitnesses, which all prove that person didn't kill that other person, sometimes the friends and family of the victim still rant on about how "the murderer went free."

What can a rational person do?