Old 01-27-18, 12:16 PM
joeruge

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 41 Posts
Rolf Prima Vigor tandem wheelset

Hello All,

Just picked a pair of Rolf Prima Vigor on E-bay for what passes for a good price these days. It was a bit of an impetuous purchase as I hadn't done adequate research.

The wheels arrived yesterday and they appear to be in very good condition and they look great.

Though they don't say 'tandem' on them anywhere, the rear wheel is 145mm OLD. I've identified them using Rolf's informative website as 2004 models.

I was surprised how narrow these rims are, about 13.5mm inside. The Rolf website recommends a maximum tire size of 28mm, which is the tire size we normally use. But, this is a general recommendation for all their wheels. Most other places I've checked (Sheldon, Mavic, Schwalb) recommend something more along the lines of 25mm.

Now I might be tempted to put 25's on these rims and save them for only doing fast 'events,' though I'm not sold on the idea of using 25mm tires on a tandem, either for comfort or safety.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these narrow rims? Any problem running 28's on them?

Thanks for your input

Joe R

Last edited by joeruge; 01-27-18 at 12:26 PM.