View Single Post
Old 01-27-18, 01:43 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 819 Times in 422 Posts
When I found the bike (pictures above your recent post) it already had a 125mm spindle with Sugino AT crank, but no chain rings, as the top picture shows. I decided to stay with it, though it sticks out a lot on the left (non drive) side. The inner ring bolts just clear the frame with a couple of 1.37 i.d. spacers between the cup and frame. My whole point was to build a hill friendly Eroica bike, and the long spindle and triple worked out very nicely, with a Shimano 34t 6 speed in back. On my other bikes I use knee saver pedal extenders to keep my leg at a better, more vertical angle. With the longer spindle, I don't need them on this bike. I can't advise you on what you need for yours, but 110-112 sounds like the right ball park. I have an old Campy 52/42 that I may put on after the Eroica ride, so I need to look at the spindle for that, also. I'm thinking brown leather type bar wrap, and maybe go crazy with brown cable housings, too. Post a picture of your cork tape if you can. Thanks, and good luck with yours. Great bike!

Last edited by Slightspeed; 01-27-18 at 05:27 PM.