Old 01-29-18, 09:28 AM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
I don't use Strava but I think it's more about revealing where high traffic areas are. For instance, if I was a terrorist and wanted to blow troops up at Ft. Bragg I know the absolute perfect places where I could destroy a whole platoon while they're doing a morning run on the firebreaks in the woods. Someone who hasn't been in the military there would have no clue. The same would apply to any military base in the world, secret or not, because troops do PT wherever they are. Some places you wouldn't even be able to spot on google like tiny FOB's in the middle of nowhere in Afghanistan. Even if they aren't running PT out of there they go on patrols and the young troops nowadays are using Strava wherever they go. Basically, Strava is letting people track the movement of troops.

I bet one million dollars by the end of the week the department of defense will have already put orders out banning soldiers from using Strava after this news. Nobody should worry, it won't take away their freedoms lol
I see your point, but I'm not convinced it's critical.