Fitness Rider
Trek FX Bikes

Bikes: 2018 & 2019 Trek FX S 4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Delwis
I have been racking my brain trying to find a set of Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc Brakes for Flat Bar Hybrid Bicycles to suit my needs/desires. I would prefer a complete set but I could do individual components also. My FX X 6 comes equipped with Tektro HD-310's. They aren't bad brakes but I'd like to up grade. Preferably to Shimano. I am creating this thread to compile various choices and elicit opinions/suggestions. TIA for your contributions.

I'll start with a new (to me) contender. The TRP. I heard once that Tektro makes them and they are meant to be a a high end unit. I noticed that Specialized uses TRP on their high end Sirrus Pro Carbon. Here is an example. It may be post mount, there is mention of an adapter. I haven't researched them much yet but, they look pretty awesome.

G-Spec Quadiem
  • Four hybrid piston caliper (ceramic/steel)
  • CNC caliper with cooling fins
  • Tool free indexed reach adjust
  • Adjustable banjo fitting for optimal hose routing
  • Split hinge clamp handlebar clamp
  • I-Spec b, I-Spec ll (XT and XTR only) and matchmaker compatible with TRP adapter
  • Weight: 312g (Front)
DelWis, this TRP set looks pretty darned good. They do appear to be a post mount caliper so you will most likely need an adapter for your current flat bar system but that should prove to be no big issue at all. Nice looking brake set ! ! !

Frank