View Single Post
Old 02-03-18, 09:45 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by ThunderOne
Joe from Chris King says they don't make a headset to fit the tapered headtube. I was really hoping to go with a CK headset.

Edit to add: What makes this even weirder is I asked Neil at Lynskey about what Cane Creek headset I would need on the R275 and he linked me to a straight headtube. So, hence my surprise when I saw that post above.

I am cherry picking all the exact parts (from what I believe the best I can afford) for my bike build and I had my heart set on the CK. I've been waiting a long time for my next Lynskey. My last one I bought was a Litespeed back on '01. So I have been saving a number of pennies to get my "dream bike" so to speak.

Say WHAT? They sell Insets (such as Inset 2 or 7, depending on what you need) that are just the ticket:

https://chrisking.com/products/types/headsets

I'd talk to someone other than "Joe"...who hasn't looked at their product page.

Although the Cane Creek 110 is just as nice and blingy, LBS stocks a few of the CK and they prefer the CC110 for nice builds these days. It also is available in colors and just about any HS standard. Just need to know what the headtube bore top and bottom is and what steerer you're using.