View Single Post
Old 02-05-18, 08:42 AM
Brian25

Bikes: Road, mountain and track bikes and tandems.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
Nice response. But why not just go with bottle cages on the seat post. I find two or even three bottles are rarely enough when summer touring so have two on the frame and two on my seat post.

I agree the handlebars are bad, it's weird they wouldn't have picked up that the distance between the bottom of the bar and the top is too small. I've put off replacing them because I'm rarely in the drops when touring but curse them when there is a wind and my arms rub against the top bar when in the drops.

Have you ever noticed that when it's warm while touring that by the time you go to drink your second waterbottle that is has become unpaletably warm. For that reason, If I have enough room left in a pannier, I prefer to store extra water there. As far as seat post mounted cages: It is nice to hear that you have enough seatpost sticking out of your frame that it is doable for you. I have observed that most tourists tour on frames that are way too big. Seat post mounted cages would not work for me because my tent/ pad/ and tent are typically right up against the back of my seat. I am really short, I typically am on a 44cm frame.