Old 02-08-18, 09:20 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by mister
I give it high points for originality. There are too many mass produced carbon frames wth expensive bolt ons in this thread for me.

I just did the same process a couple months ago with Stinner and totally get what you’re saying about the smoothness of the modern steel.

I too am not a fan of the colors, nor the seat mast. For me, it’s not hot, but it’s definitely a badass bike. Nice job!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by WhyFi
I *am* sure about the saddle... I'm sure that I'd burn it with fire. Love the rest, though.
LOL, I knew that I should have put my old saddle on for posing

Originally Posted by cat0020
Anodized red hubs are out of place among the rest of the bike.

Need some red anodized items elsewhere on the bike, like seat rails.

Handlebar finishing tape with white accents doesn't belong, solid black electric tape would make it better.
Good thought on the finishing tape. The Red hubs are from my extra wheels. The regular wheels have black hubs but just waiting for new tires (Tubeless).

Originally Posted by Capo72
How much does the Speedvagen weigh?
I'm not sure yet but will weigh it next time I go to the LBS. I'm fairly sure that it will be a bit heavier than my Domane which I originally built pretty weight weenie style and came in at just over 15lbs with pedals and cages. I think this will be in the 16 range with the carbon wheels and Garmin Vector 3 pedals.

Originally Posted by duane041
I love it (particularly the colors!), but the diameter of the downtube looks just a might too big for me. Wish they could have spec'ed something slightly smaller, but not sure if that would be possible.
Thank you! Funny that you mention it, the tube changes shape as it draws down the bike but the oversize part (I thought) was barely noticeable.