Thread: Hot r Not
View Single Post
Old 02-08-18, 11:39 PM
jitteringjr

Bikes: 2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 2016 Bombtrack Arise Campy build cross bike 2005 Fuji Outland Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville
So quandry here from a hot or not standpoint!

My tires came in for my new tubeless carbon wheels (yoeleo, trying out some Chinese carbon ). As you can see from the pic, the tire's logo and script is above the valve stem. What you may not see much of is that the Yeoleo ghosted name is on the rim below. Normal Hot or Not rules dictate that the tire script should be above the valve stem and rim logos. BUT, you can bare notice the ghost logo and of course there is more obvious white writing 90 degrees to the left and right of the valve stem. Unfortunately all of this is under clear coat so I can't remove.

What do you think, rotate the tire verbiage to be above the more obvious white writing on the rim or leave as is?
I think those wheels on the speedvagon scream, “I dropped too much coin on the frame and I am now trying to save money on the wheels”. There is no point of dealing over minutiae like this at this point because the point above overwhelms the minutiae. You are putting Radio Shack speakers on a high end home theater system.