Old 02-09-18, 11:07 AM
RichardHaas

Bikes: Schwinn S7, Schwinn '66 cruiser, couple of MTB's

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DougG
Welcome to the forum, to this thread, and to bicycling itself! I guess you prove the old saw that "you never forget how to ride a bike."

For myself, I'm 71 and have ridden bikes starting from age 5 or so (3 if you count tricycles) except for one 15-year period from age 16 to 30 when I was more interested in driving. But counting motorcycles as at least being on two wheels, there's only a 5-year gap. Funny that I first saw motorcycles as recapturing the feeling of freedom of riding a bicycle, then 40 years later got more into bicycling to relive my motorcycling memories after I gave them up.
Thanks Doug for the welcome. I rode a motorcycle when I was a teenager and hung that idea up when I almost wrecked it while racing cars stop light to stop light. Took it home after sliding through a stop light and never rode it again.
I'm not sure how much distance I can ride with the bike but I'll never know until I get out and ride it some besides around the yard. It is still too cold for me now but spring is just around the corner.
I found a mountain bike that was being thrown away and have gone through it replacing bad parts and a good cleaning.
Yesterday I bought a Schwinn cruiser from a bike shop and he gave me a bike carrier for my car that someone had given him to give away to someone that needed one. I got lucky on that part since I didn't have a way to haul the bike.

Thanks
Richard