View Single Post
Old 02-12-18, 05:54 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I don't waste money of "waterproof" panniers. the bags keep the gear dry.
How?

Condensation tends to be a problem in waterproof panniers, as does seepage. So, to make them safe to carry stuff, you end up having to wrap stuff. I Never had a problem traveling through monsoon season for 15 years. My panniers got soaked, my gear stayed dry.
Wrapped in what?

And yeah ... it's true ... petroleum is never pumped from places with trees, and roads to the places petroleum is pumped to the places it is refined are never made of asphalt or concrete and never go through forests which need to be cut down in wide swaths. Pipelines never run through the wilderness and never leak.
If no petroleum was pumped/mined for fuel, only to make petroleum-based products, the factories could be built near the wells and that would eliminate the need for pipelines, etc. wouldn't it?

[quote-Petroleum doesn't cause air pollution and if it did, acid rain wouldn't fall on trees, right?[/quote]
That's because it is burnt for energy, not because it is used to make plastics.

Yeah, what was I thinking. obviously there is no connection between using petroleum products ... and petroleum.
Please use affirmative language instead of sarcasm. It's really irritating to read the word, "not," only to have it mean its opposite.

You'd have been better off to have laughed it off and not taken it seriously. It was a throwaway laugh line and you stepped right in it. Sad, almost.

See when you make statements like ....
Why are you combative? What's your problem?

well ... you have a nice evening. I am sure glad trees don't share the same earth, water, and air the rest of us have to use.

Going to ride .... and please, next time, don't take the bait. It just sin't worth it.
I'll try to avoid taking the bait. So would you try to avoid using sarcasm and combative language?