DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinwang
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. I already have a hybrid bike with 38mm tires for commuting to school, so I probably won't be using it as you guys suggested. However, I'm still curious as to how much this bike is really worth, and also it compared to the Peugeot PX-10 as I'm deciding on which of them to purchase.
A couple of us have already suggested around $350 --- but its the type of bike that if you pay a little more, its not a deal breaker, -- its a nice bike

Regarding comparisons to a PX-10 ? I'm biased because the vast majority of my bikes are Italian , --- Its not a crime to have 2 C&V era bikes though

My TreTubi DeBernardi rides very well, --- and I think its the bike in my stable that compares pretty favorably to this Basso ---- hard to describe other than to say its smooth and mellow, -- but I have it decked out with an upright riding position and a triple chainset too

Were this Basso mine, I would look around for a period correct crankset for it, install some tan sidewall tires, and enjoy it