Old 02-15-18, 06:03 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3813 Post(s)
Liked 3,344 Times in 2,182 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
Do you have any idea what the frame material might be? My guess is that the main triangle at least should be pretty good (reynolds 531 DB?) given the drop outs and chrome treatment. Info on Flandria bikes seems pretty thin.
-----

IIRC the discussion never progressed that far. certainly the saddle pillar diameter would be a strong indication. the frame is sending mixed signals since it employs the same lugs, crown, esge chainstay bridge, paint and transfers as the base model flandria road machines of the same era. the ends set is the big difference; hence it is natural to speculate as to the tubeset...

have had about five base model flandrias from this era pass through me workshop so am familiar with them but the one in the thread i linked to was a new-to-me beastie.

note that the frameset under discussion is wearing the proprietary flandria fixed cup with the distinctive domed centre. this would suggest it did not come from the factory with a quality chainset. it may have worn a cottered set or a low end sakae ringyo cotterles set such as the example i linked to above.

for comparison i would invite readers to take a look at this bike currently on offer. it is a private labelled item, done for a belgian retailer, flandria with the familiar lugset, crown, etc. but fitted with zeus gran sport ends and built of quality tubing. it looks to date from the mid-to-late '60's (many of its fittings are later).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-old-r...19.m1438.l2649

a shout from @non-fixie &/or @Munny might be of help with this discussion...

-----

Last edited by juvela; 02-15-18 at 06:08 PM. Reason: addition