Old 02-17-18, 08:23 AM
RichardHaas

Bikes: Schwinn S7, Schwinn '66 cruiser, couple of MTB's

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike brand to restore

I've been looking for a way to get some good exercise and have again taken up biking. I am 73 years old and have been able to try many things that have interested me. I'm very mechanically inclined and like to sometimes just take things apart and see how they work and then put them back together.
I bought a new Schwinn S7 and don't plan on working on it unless something doesn't work right. I also found a Huffy mtb at a trash bin and brought it home. I've taken most of it apart and either regreased the bearings and cleaned it up some. Bought new shifters and cables and have gotten the brakes and shifting to work very good. I don't think mountain bikes are my thing to ride but I sure enjoy the Schwinn cruising the local greenways.

My question is what mfg. or brand of bike would be good to work on and restore/update. I really enjoy tinkering with things and don't plan on making any money from it. It would just be a very good pastime projects to play with.

I'm not at all knowledgeable of mfgs. or brands and have tried to read a lot lately about different companies products. Knowing not much about parts avaliability and replacement parts or upgrades and if they would fit or work right, I'm kinda lost at which brand to concentrate on. Schwinn, Huffy, and the 100's of others out there are very confusing to me.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Richard