View Single Post
Old 02-17-18, 11:21 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Liked 4,841 Times in 2,232 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardHaas
Thanks Wildwood and Iride01 for the good info. My riding will probably be just for the exercise so leisure riding will be the thing. If there are any charity rides or short runs, I might do that also. I have a prosthetic left leg so sprints or races won't be my thing to do. I am just amazed that I can ride with the leg situation. Not a problem so far.

Richard

I don't ride a recumbent, but they do put you closer to the ground and aero. And they work a different muscle group, I believe.

Anyway. I prefer drop handlebar, racy kinda bikes. But it's a big cycling world and happiness comes from finding your specific favourite flavour.
Just get the fit and the gearing right and it's all gooood.

Let me call in a couple of members with different forms of bicycle heaven.
Their's are different but ohhhh soooo sweet. I love it. Ride On.
Calling @SquidPuppet & @DQ_Rider - this mechanically inclined old guy want to ride inspired - for the usual old guy exercise reasons. Can we ask for a couple of visuals from your side of Bicycle Heaven.

edit: Pics of finished bikes from above framesets = Pinarello (modernish 10 speed Campy components) and Merckx (only the crankset (gearing reason) is not vintage components).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WIN_20151113_10_47_47_Pro (2).jpg (820.9 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg

Last edited by Wildwood; 02-17-18 at 11:35 AM.