View Single Post
Old 02-18-18, 05:52 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardHaas
My question is what mfg. or brand of bike would be good to work on and restore/update. I really enjoy tinkering with things and don't plan on making any money from it. It would just be a very good pastime projects to play with.

I'm not at all knowledgeable of mfgs. or brands and have tried to read a lot lately about different companies products. Knowing not much about parts avaliability and replacement parts or upgrades and if they would fit or work right, I'm kinda lost at which brand to concentrate on. Schwinn, Huffy, and the 100's of others out there are very confusing to me.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Richard

It is a shame that you are not more aware of certain bikes and their history, as the best restorations often occur when there is some kind of emotional attachment the restorer has, to the bike being restored.

Maybe you can do a crash course on a number of brands and see if anything catches your imagination/inspiration.