View Single Post
Old 02-18-18, 07:01 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardHaas
Thanks ColonelSanders. I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teen and am now 73 years old. I went ahead and bought a Schwinn S7 just to get back into it. A very long vacation from riding. I took it out to a local greenway last Wednesday and it rode and felt very good but since it has been a long time, I am not famaliar with what is out there to work on and enjoy riding. This one will get me back into the saddle and get some much needed exercise.
As far as what to restore or work on, I have always back then had Schwinn. I might have had a Murray but can't remember that one.
I am not famaliar with any from that point in time to now. Lots of companies have come and gone.
This will be just a pleasurable hobby and something to keep my mind working and not turning to mud.
I'll keep reading and searching here. I do see a lot of Trek, old Schwinn's, some Raleigh's, and others that I have no idea they are from the names.
Wish me luck on my new venture.

Thanks

Richard

Make sure you take plenty of pics at each stage of the restoration and share them on this forum.

Some of the best threads on this forum are of people who not only do a restoration, but go to the trouble of capturing various stages and sharing them.