View Single Post
Old 02-18-18, 07:09 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
If only the sheep would follow the tandempower path and be enlightented.

It works for me. But I live in uniquely simple circumstances. It doesn't work for most of the people I know (well really I don't know ANY LCF just a few car lite) and they would rightly find your judgement of what will make them happy so rude and simple minded.

I ride buses regularly and I'm sure I'm rare to do it while not wishing for a car. I believe you would find the car-wishers and car getters somehow wrong-headed and misguided - if only they could see the light. Most of these people simplify their lives by owning a car and it may enable them to interact with their family and friends more seamlessly. There's nothing wrong with deciding that being car free is too extreme for you and drink up on life while you can. The whole carbon footprint problem will disappear in a few years. It's not a lasting social issue that we have to find a fix for or face ultimate dire consequences. The way you lay your values and morality out as though universally acceptable immediately discredits most of what you have to say.

This forum can be a place for people with an interest in driving less without it having to be seen as the only morally correct way to live.
But sheep are sheep.. TP message is pissing into the wind, no, make that into a hurricane wind... of advertisement and what has become "normal" in todays society.