Bike Gremlin
Mostly harmless ™

Bikes: Heavy, with friction shifters

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by cny-bikeman
I did not object to its use - I said using one routinely is not something I would call an advanced technique, nor is it something wise to recommend to a general audience without some education. Certainly not everyone can afford combo wrenches, but if using an adjustable wrench it needs to be of very good quality, and needs to be used properly, especially with smaller sizes. I would guess that quite a few people even on this forum don't understand how to properly orient one when loosening vs. tightening, for example.
Fair enough.

Text recommending such tool could use a sentence with a note/warning, or a link to a text explaining the "limitations" of an adjustable wrench.

Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
Great site! Thanks for the effort!
To anyone complaining: the site describes how to use the crescent wrench properly to avoid the typical problems, and also mentions actual wrenches should be purchased. He also addressed potential critiques. Crescent is just a time saver, so use wisely.
In that case, placing a link to that after recommending the adjustable wrench, for inexperienced readers sake, would have been great.

Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
Feel free to make a better site....
There's a difference (sometimes subtle) between trolling and constructive criticism. I very much appreciate and welcome the latter on my site. In fact, when asking friends and/or experienced mechanics for opinions on some pages, it usually goes like: "tell me if something is not clearly explained, if you find some mistakes, or if something should have been done differently".