Old 02-22-18, 05:03 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
She's a confident athlete. Anyway, I shouldn't be sticking my nose in this. I'm saying I believe her, and I only wanted to understand why her expectations would be questioned. Hopefully no offense was taken.
It's here in a public forum. Your opinion is just as welcome as any other.

She declared that she is an elite sprinter, not wants to be.

This is like me buying a pair of basketball shoes and declaring that I'm an elite basketball player after shooting around on the court at the YMCA by myself for a while.

I'm not doubting that she will do well. I NEVER HAVE. I'm just reserving judgement and titles until they are deserved. Is that fair?

Show me elite times or results then we'll be in business.

Originally Posted by tobukog
I don't see why she has to confirm anything to have opinions (or ask for advice). Much of what you learn as a road sprinter carries over onto track. If anything, I would say that many modern track riders are becoming like road sprinters and finally catching up: they've been slamming it into a 53x11/12/13/14 (depending on the era) for years. Best of luck to Southern Fox: I'll be at Rock Hill several times this year and if I see you on your Fuji, I'll try to remember to say hi.
This is the biggest misconception in the Roadie-come-Trackie transition.

OK. Give me an example of how the "Sprint" at the end of a stage race relates to a Match "Sprint"? The tactics are different, the equipment is different, the gearing is different (contrary to what you just wrote), and the training is different.