Old 02-22-18, 08:49 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Certification class - if you show up late you won't be admitted. I impressed this on a coworker. "Remember, they close the doors so get there early." So what I did I do? Showed up a bit late. Boss had texted me that morning, "You ready for your class?". Oops, forgot. Got dressed in record time, left, but it's a solid 45 minute drive, not 15 like to the store.

Guy guarding the door opens the door. "I saw you standing by the other door at 7:30, you've been standing at the wrong door man!" and let me in. He announces loudly to the rest of the class that I was out there at the wrong door.

I take a seat.

We do some class stuff then some lab stuff. Lab stuff (it's vehicle emissions) involves running vehicles on a dyno. Since I could drive a stick and I was close to the car the instructor had me do all the driving for his example tests. I also helped get the various sensors and such because, you know, it just helps move things along. We broke up into two groups to do practice tests, instructor says to me that I don't have to do it as I already drove three times, tried two different rpm set ups, helped set up this and that, etc.

Back to class for the test. 20 question multiple choice. Did it in maybe 3-4 minutes. Double checked because in high school I'd do tests quickly, hand in my test, and get a couple wrong because I was in such a rush to finish quickly (once I got a zero - all wrong! - because I got tricked by every question - after that I got much better scores because I double checked before handing in). While double checking the door guard guy walks over because I'm not filling rectangles anymore. "You're done, right?" I gave him the test. I hear from all around me, "What the f*ck" etc.

Instructor, as he slipped my test through the scoring scanner. "Here's our first hundred (percent)".

73 degrees when I left. Beautiful, warm, sunny day, and I'd spent the day inside. Couldn't get back home until after the Missus picked up Junior so we went out to dinner and hung out together.

Rode the trainer that night.

Bonus? I learned that I can drive my Sentra. It doesn't pass emissions but that doesn't mean it's no longer registered. I thought that in CT after 60 days of failing emissions that the registration gets revoked. It's a myth. Registration is good for 2 years regardless of emissions status. Thing is that you can't renew emissions if you don't pass emissions. So I get to drive my Sentra this summer more. Yay!

(And I need to figure out why it's throwing the one code before December 2018. Workaround I think is to sell the car to someone else in CT like my brother, wait 3-5 months like maybe until April, then buy it back. That resets the "initial registration" clock to zero and I'd have two years to drive the car around.)
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson