View Single Post
Old 02-23-18, 09:10 PM
alias5000

Bikes: HP Velotechnik Streetmachine GTE, 2015 Devinci Silverstone SL4, 2012 Cannondale Road Tandem 2, Circe Morpheus, 2021 Rose Backroad, 2017 Devinci Hatchet

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Velocivixen
I am 5’6” with 41” X-seam and ended up getting the Bacchetta Giro A20. I considered the A26, sat on one in the shop and my feet could barely touch the ground. I think if I was doing long touring miles it would be great, even at my height. I ride in the city though, with lots of starts and stops, so the smaller front wheel lets me get my foot confidently down, as well as the height difference between the seat and bottom brackets is less than on the A26.

Not sure of your height or riding location would affect your decision, but it did for me. I’m interested in how your test rides go and what you learned. Please keep this thread updated.
I am almost 6' (and 43'' X-seam, if I remember correctly), so chances are higher I can touch the ground, I guess.

If this undertaking goes until the end, it will be a long project because I need to earn the funding for it first (in progress, at least ). I will keep this thread updated and may add one more specific to model selection (options).